develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
yanick
Date:
November 29, 2007 07:30
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
20071129161144.GA18050@gilgamesh.babyl.dyndns.org
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 10:00:19AM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 07:22:54PM -0500, Yanick Champoux wrote:
> > 	Somehow, I think Philippe knew that. ;-)
>
> Even better, I knew I didn't need them.

	I knew you knew. :-) I was more saying "Philippe knows that
it's not really one operator but a bag o' various stuff (as the
parenthesizing shows)".

> Do you think I would have submitted a starfighter that looked like this?
>
>     =(<>=~)

	Only if you would have called it "Tie Bomber with a sidecar".

> > 	So we had the spaceship operator, and now the flaming x-wing... Hmmm...
> > I'm beginning to suspect that the '@' sigil doesn't stand for a moon, after
> > all...
>
> That's no moon! It's a space station.

	Heh. That's the quote I had in mind too. But now that a Space
1999 reference has been made, I'm desperatly trying to come up with
an Eagle operator.  Alas, so far the best I can find is

	$wooooosh =~ mm==mo

which is pretty sad. :-/

Joy,
`/anick