develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
Mr. Shawn H. Corey
Date:
November 29, 2007 06:21
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
474ECAA4.40001@magma.ca
Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> Why would I need parentheses, when the hash slice gives me a list
> context already?

The parentheses, like the whitespace, are for clarification; to make it easier to understand what is happening.  Also, it is not one operator, it is three.

Why do you use so much whitespace in your program when most of it is not needed?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn