develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Alves_de_Castro?=
Date:
November 29, 2007 01:27
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
505C153D-ACDF-46FD-A849-27941E1A53D1@log.pt

On Nov 28, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just thought I should share this with the FWP crowd.
>
> I had to do something special with the first line of a file, before
> running the whole while(<>) loop on it. I ended up with this:
>
>     @data{@fields} =<>=~ $re;
>
> Rafael helped me give this new operator a name (#perlfr transcript):
>
>     15:13 <@BooK> OMG c'est quoi =<>=~ comme secret op ?
>     15:14 <@rgs> le x-wing touché avec une aile en feu
>
> Rough translation:
>
>     15:13 <@BooK> OMG what is =<>=~ for a secret op ?
>     15:14 <@rgs> the hit x-wing starfighter with a wing on fire
>
> Cog, are you still writing this OGSOP book? ;-)

/me takes notes, as the answer is a yes.

> --
>  Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
>
>  No matter how many times you explain the big problem, some people
> see only
>  their small problem.
>                    (Moral to the Sage story, in Groo The Wanderer
> #93 (Epic))

José Castro <jose.castro@log.pt>
Applicational Development Leader
log <www.log.pt>

Tel:  +351 21 330 42 20
Fax:  +351 21 330 42 19
Calçada Marquês de Abrantes, 45 - 3º Dto
1200-718 Lisboa