develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
philippe.bruhat
Date:
November 29, 2007 01:27
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
20071129090019.GB23021@plop.home.bruhat.net
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 07:22:54PM -0500, Yanick Champoux wrote:
> Mr. Shawn H. Corey wrote:
>> Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
>>>     @data{@fields} =<>=~ $re;
>>
>> Actually, it's:
>>
>>  @data{@fields} = ( <> =~ $re );
>
> 	Somehow, I think Philippe knew that. ;-)

Even better, I knew I didn't need them.

Do you think I would have submitted a starfighter that looked like this?

    =(<>=~)

> 	So we had the spaceship operator, and now the flaming x-wing... Hmmm...
> I'm beginning to suspect that the '@' sigil doesn't stand for a moon, after
> all...

That's no moon! It's a space station.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 When you invite relatives, they never seem to leave your home, so long as it
 is still standing.                 (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #20 (Epic))