develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
Mr. Shawn H. Corey
Date:
November 28, 2007 16:05
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
474E020D.7070606@magma.ca
Yanick Champoux wrote:
> Mr. Shawn H. Corey wrote:
>> Actually, it's:
>>
>>  @data{@fields} = ( <> =~ $re );
>
>     Somehow, I think Philippe knew that. ;-)

But, sadly, not everyone else who reads this list :(

>     So we had the spaceship operator, and now the flaming x-wing...
> Hmmm... I'm beginning to suspect that the '@' sigil doesn't stand for a
> moon, after all...

No, it stands for Tranquility base, where "The Eagle has landed."  (That would be the bullseye in the center of the circle.  The outer circle is the moon.  ;)

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn