develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from September 2006

Punctuation Free Quine -- Almost

From:
McGlinchy, Alistair
Date:
September 19, 2006 03:34
Subject:
Punctuation Free Quine -- Almost
Message ID:
FE55E8E9972BB949B56DD7CABD5AB7CA0163396C@MSHVSMNSEXP8002.mnsexchange.adroot.marksandspencer.com
Hi All,

Here's a wee bit of fun I've been having.  Its sort of a golf problem,
but not. All of the perl quine [*1] examples I've seen [*2] have large
amounts of punctuation.  I've managed to get it down to just a comma and
a dollar.

	print readline open print, $0

Any offers?

Alistair

[*1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine
[*2] http://www.nyx.net/~gthompso/self_perl.txt

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

<<www.marksandspencer.com>>

2005