develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from September 2006

code line of the day

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
September 7, 2006 00:29
Subject:
code line of the day
Message ID:
x7k64gyw1t.fsf@mail.sysarch.com

this line of my code grew to its present form which i find amusing.

	@{$self->{templates}}{ keys %{$tmpls} } =
		map ref $_ eq 'SCALAR' ? \"${$_}" : \"$_", values %{$tmpls} ;

discuss amongst yourselves. topics include: what does it do? wtf am i
doing that? and general esthetics.

that is from my soon to be birthed module Template::Simple. yes, another
template module. but this does have some interesting differences and it
really is simple and yet powerful. i gave a talk at boston.pm and 2
lightning talks at yapc::na and oscon and there was some interest in
it. if you want a work in progress snapshot, i will post the url here.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri@stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com