Re: my if?

From:
Abigail
Date:
Re: my if?
Message ID:
20030702060704.GA4370@abigail.nl
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:37:16PM -0400, Bernie Cosell wrote:

> "Give you anything" isn't really the point -- Perl is filled with
> multiple ways to do things and the simple argument that you can do
> something similar using some other mechanism is rarely determinative.

I can't think of a single Perl construct that does only one thing,
and that can be done with about the same number of keystrokes
by a more general construct.

> Virtually EVERY programmer knows what a simple static variable is -- and

I doubt that. A lot of programming languages don't know the concept
of static variables. And even in languages that do, it isn't used that
often.  Not every Perl programmer nowadays came by the way of C. Not by
a long shot.

Abigail