develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from May 2003

Re: Configuration hassles

From:
Philippe.Bruhat
Date:
May 21, 2003 13:22
Re: Configuration hassles
Message ID:
20030521202050.GA22877@home.bruhat.net
Le mercredi 21 mai 2003 à 07:54, Moran, Matthew écrivait:
> Maybe you'll know of a solution to this.
>
> I've been trying to find out how you edit @INC so you can append the older
> version stuff at the end of the search path, so that if a module doesn't
> exist in 5.8.0 it'll at finding it somewhere. The best I've found in the
> docs is using perl -I /path/to/stuff/ but this doesn't persistently change
> @INC, and won't work for background stuff unless I go through the whole
> gamut of scripts Mandrake uses, substituting it in wherever relevant. Which
> is inelegant at best, and IMHO asking for trouble.

Here are some of the ways to modify @INC, and how they interact with
each other...

    $ PERL5LIB=env1:env2 perl -Iopt1:opt2 -Iopt3 -le 'use lib qw(lib1 lib2); use lib "lib3"; print for @INC'
    lib3
    lib1
    lib2
    opt1
    opt2
    opt3
    env1
    env2
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/lib/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5
    /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/share/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    .

Your best bet is probably to set PERL5LIB in some .shellrc file.

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 We vote to pick our leaders-     /     And we place them in a tower-
 Why is it that we cannot wait-   /     To vote them out of power?
                                (Intro poem to Groo The Wanderer #109 (Epic))