develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from April 2003

Re: Fun with Perl, for a change

From:
Chris Dolan
Date:
April 10, 2003 11:01
Re: Fun with Perl, for a change
Message ID:
64B1FC88-6B7E-11D7-BDEE-003065E41C2A@clotho.com
On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 12:56  PM, Simon Cozens wrote:

> Peter Haworth:
>> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:41:37 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>>> You're very warm. Overloading is *seriously* involved, and yes, I'm
>>> overloading concatenation.
>>
>> And constants, presumably?
>
> Yep. So far we have overloading constants, and overloaded objects
> which are
> also tied. Once someone works out how the "methods" work, I'll post
> the code.

Wait, wait, don't post yet!  I'm working on it.  I have most of a
Ruby.pm done that overloads "." to do the methods, by treating them as
bareword strings.  I've just got one bug I can't figure out.

Well, I guess you *could* post and I just shouldn't look...  If you do,
please put "[spoiler]" in the subject so I know not to read.

Chris