develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from April 2002

Re: Self extracting Perl ARchive?

From:
Jonathan E. Paton
Date:
April 1, 2002 09:29
Re: Self extracting Perl ARchive?
Message ID:
20020401172956.95329.qmail@web14609.mail.yahoo.com
> >and the only compression module I could find:
> >
> >http://search.cpan.org/search?module=Compress::LZV1
>
> Heh? What about Compress::Zlib, which is based on the zlib library, and
> is used both by Archive::Tar and Archive::Zip?
>
> It doesn't seem to be encumbered with the GNU license, either.
>
> 	<http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/>

Described on CPAN as an interface, we need a pure Perl solution, remember?  If it's an interface,
it needs the compiled library as well - which is a little prohibitive.

Jonathan Paton