develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from April 2002

Re: Self extracting Perl ARchive?

From:
Philip Newton
Date:
April 1, 2002 07:04
Re: Self extracting Perl ARchive?
Message ID:
ultgauo4aik54965um5k14t8tmt4qk6fge@4ax.com
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 07:56:10 -0500, bernie@fantasyfarm.com (Bernie
Cosell) wrote:

> As another small 'twist', if in addition to everything else you did
> something akin yEncoding the __DATA__, then you'd have an email-
> able/usenet-postable archive format.

Um, yEnc is not really email-able since it produces 8bit data and email
is AIUI not 8-bit clean everywhere, while news is supposed to be 8-bit
clean. I suppose you could try it (preferable with proper MIME headers
such as "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit").

Cheers,
Philip