develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from March 2002

Golf contests and naive solutions?

From:
Jerome Quelin
Date:
March 17, 2002 01:00
Subject:
Golf contests and naive solutions?
Message ID:
<3c945aef3df572a5@mel-rta3.wanadoo.fr>(added by mel-rta3.wanadoo.fr)
Hi folks,

We were wondering if the referees were to provide a naive solution for
perlgolf contests? This way, beginners could really see what the script is to
do (remember Ton's Christmas tournament where only one beginner managed to
provide a working solution - and thus, won).
Otoh, I can imagine golf holes where such a solution would be too much a
hint...

Of course, the naive solution would be _very_ naive (and trust me, it's
really hard to write such a solution without using perl shortcuts ;) ).

So, what do you think? Should the referees provide a naive solution? We're
waiting for your feedbacks...

Jerome
--
jquelin@wanadoo.fr