develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2001

First CPAN Joke Module

From:
Andrew.Savige
Date:
November 17, 2001 16:49
Subject:
First CPAN Joke Module
Message ID:
694BB7191495D51183A9005004C0B05408DF81@ir-exchange-srv.ir.com.au
In the recent www.perl.com article "The Lighter Side of CPAN",
I was disappointed the author made no attempt to uncover the
first CPAN joke module.

Is it possible to search search.cpan.org for all joke modules?
The earliest I could find is:
  sh2perl by Randal L Schwartz
The Changes file says "Wed Mar 25 12:37:51 1998" yet the
README implies it was developed on April 1, so I am not
sure I trust the date in the Changes file.

Also, can anyone confirm Acme::Bleach as the culprit that
triggered the recent Acme development frenzy?

I can forgive the author for not mentioning Acme::EyeDrops,
but not for ignoring two pioneering classics like sh2perl
and Acme::Bleach :-).

Andrew.