develooper Front page | perl.dist | Postings from July 2004

[HELP] perl cross compiling

From:
Stephan Linz
Date:
July 15, 2004 01:12
Subject:
[HELP] perl cross compiling
Message ID:
04071510340703.20686@pcj86
Hi all,

the last few days I've tried to cross compile the latest perl release version
5.8.4 with my self-made uClibc toolchain (target i586-linux-uclibc / gcc 3.3
/ uclibc 0.9.26). Hm, it seems to be a harder work than I've expected.

Til now I've read some googled web pages and email threads. All together tell
me I can't cross compile perl -- I have to use the target system to rebuild
perl. Is it really true? Because the perl source tree includes a path named
'Cross' and the README in it says it could. Sadly this simple cross-framework
needs a perl configuration file 'config.sh-i586-linux-uclibc' wich includes
all the setup for my target. I don't know how I can create this file without
a perl configuration run on my target. Even this is what I can not do
(embedded system :-).

Now, is there anybody who has experience enough with perl cross compilations
(maybe for uclibc targets) and can show me a way to go on or give me a hint
where I can find more informations about (howto, stept-by-step doc, ...) ...
Any help is welcome.

Thanks and
Best Regards

Stephan Linz

pub  1024D/5556E40B 2004-07-01 Stephan Linz (1024-endlos) <linz@mazet.de>
     Key fingerprint = 4082 C6BF 9AFF F4D2 95B6  8244 0A13 1036 5556 E40B