develooper Front page | perl.dist | Postings from May 2003

Perl ora_login to Oracle 9.2.0 from Solaris8 give error: OCIEnvInit

From:
greg.tewes
Date:
May 5, 2003 14:25
Subject:
Perl ora_login to Oracle 9.2.0 from Solaris8 give error: OCIEnvInit
Message ID:
OF1CF2363F.97DCBF14-ON85256D1D.006A5E5F@convergys.com
Dist group,

A.  Any ideas as to why this would fail?

   We relinked Oracle Software since Perl was re-installed.

   Oracle Version is 9.2.0

   Perl version is -> ./perl -v

         This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

   Following is the code line that fails:

           $lda = &ora_login($ORACLE_SID, $ORACLE_USER, $ORACLE_PASSWD) or
         die $ora_errstr;

         Error String is: ERROR OCIEnvInit at InitSec.pl line 43.

B. There are newer version of 5.005 such as 5.005_57, but how can I
determine if this is something that was fixed in one of the patches?
I could not find a detailed list of fixes for each software release.

Regards,
Greg

--
"NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or