develooper Front page | perl.dist | Postings from January 2003

RE: perl source code

From:
Dong Lou
Date:
January 15, 2003 15:54
RE: perl source code
Message ID:
004501c2bcf1$7e7c97f0$6dd027a0@superalbert
I searched the source code, but couldnt find the lex file, can anyone
tell me where it is?

thanks,
Dong

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Goldberg [mailto:goldbb2@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:38 AM
To: Dong Lou
Subject: Re: perl source code

Dong Lou wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
>   i am newbbie to perl source code. I've just downloaded perl 5.8
> release and wish to modify it. Could anyone tell me how to read the
> source code, namely where to start or where I can find detailed
> comment of the source code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>From perldoc perl:

   perldebguts    Perl debugging guts and tips
   perlclib       Internal replacements for standard C library functions
   perlguts       Perl internal functions for those doing extensions
   perlcall       Perl calling conventions from C
   perlapi        Perl API listing (autogenerated)
   perlintern     Perl internal functions (autogenerated)
   perlapio       Perl internal IO abstraction interface
   perlhack       Perl hackers guide

There may be some others of importance, but these should be enough to
start with.

--
$..='(?{print+substr"\n !,$^C,1 if $^C<26})(?!)';