develooper Front page | perl.dist | Postings from September 2002

ora_perl in Solaris

From:
Bogun,Aneta
Date:
September 9, 2002 09:21
Subject:
ora_perl in Solaris
Message ID:
BC5165DB1179A847AFAD1AC90818D4F168D054@mammoth.ent.gartner.com
Hello,

I hope you could help me with one problem I'm having with some &ora_bind
statements... We are in a process of moving all the Perl modules (v 5.6.0)
from the old servers to the new ones with Perl version 5.6.1 built for
sun4-solaris. So far, I've discovered a lot of cases where &ora_bind does
not work in the new environment (e.g. while counting number of records to be
returned). What is the reason the BIND is not working and how do I need to
modify the statement to make it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Example:

SQL stmt:

select pcat_ppl_cd
    from ppl_categories
    where pcat_pcs_cd in (select key_id from pinnacle.gamec_control_data
where data_type='PCAT_PCS')
     and pcat_search_value = upper(:1)

bind stmt:

$hitcount = &ora_bind($csr,$email);

Thank you very much!

Aneta

Aneta Bogun
Gartner
IS3 - Information Systems and Technology
Tel: +1 203 316 3599   Fax: +1 203 316 6490
E-mail: aneta.bogun@gartner.com