develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: Weird issues using DBI + mod_perl

From:
Dan Book
Date:
August 17, 2019 00:57
Re: Weird issues using DBI + mod_perl
Message ID:
CABMkAVXj36s5Wjo4FJLdDk9uOfnYB8vCAqORrnJ-H0dF15=6vw@mail.gmail.com
Also make sure you set AutoInactiveDestroy, which would be default if not
for back compat, otherwise a fork that doesn't even use the handle may
close your connections.

Making sure connections are specific to one process can be tedious,
especially when you are not controlling the processes, one easier way to
manage it is with DBIx::Connector (https://metacpan.org/pod/DBIx::Connector),
the DBIx::Connector object can be shared between any forks and whenever
->run or ->txn or ->dbh is called it will make sure to get or create a
connection specific to that process.

-Dan