develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from August 2019

Weird issues using DBI + mod_perl

From:
Bruce Johnson
Date:
August 16, 2019 21:36
Subject:
Weird issues using DBI + mod_perl
Message ID:
83BE3A7F-0373-4497-917F-D4E95193C3C5@pharmacy.arizona.edu
So I’ve built a site using mod_perl in CGI mode, with DBI and Oracle as my database back end.

Everything works fine for a while but then I get intermittent weird errors that start happening for every page load, which is resulting in non-functional pages and error messages “Something happened contact your system administrator”

"DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01008: not all variables bound (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "select to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'MM/DD/YYYY'), to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'J') from dual”]” at /home/allwebfiles/perl/LocalModules/Cal4Defaults.pm line 267, <DATA> line 522.\n

There are no bound variables in the query...

Another one:  [error] DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01007: variable not in select list (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "select to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'MM/DD/YYYY'), to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'J') from dual"] at /home/allwebfiles/perl/LocalModules/Cal4Defaults.pm line 267, <DATA> line 522.\n

Other errors that happen are :

DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01007: variable not in select list (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "select pid, cn, email, afflist, bldg_id, start_task from login_info where cookie =?" with ParamValues: :p1='NS9DdciuH7XPeSVygRyUjoviZ’]

DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute/Describe) [for Statement "select to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'MM/DD/YYYY'), to_char(add_months(sysdate, 24), 'J') from dual"] at /home/allwebfiles/perl/LocalModules/Cal4Defaults.pm line 266, <DATA> line 522.\n

DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "select pid, cn, email, afflist, bldg_id, start_task from login_info where cookie =?" with ParamValues: :p1='v2bpY8jnoPw5yf0x71I4wZPx6'] at /home/allwebfiles/perl/LocalModules/Cal4Defaults.pm line 307

Most of these errors (that cause the DBI stuff to break) are happening in this defaults module, which IS referenced more than once per page load as the pages have ajax calls to other scripts that reference this module.

restarting httpd fixes the problem, for a while. This isn’t a very heavily loaded site, right now it’s the middle of the afternoon and I'm seeing 'accesses per minute' kind of traffic.

And clues as to where I should start to look?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona