develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from July 2019

AIX (xlc) DBD::Oracle *without* LIBPATH?

From:
John Wiersba via dbi-users
Date:
July 27, 2019 04:37
Subject:
AIX (xlc) DBD::Oracle *without* LIBPATH?
Message ID:
259181372.7363786.1564179495631@mail.yahoo.com
Hi!
I like to know: has anyone been able to get DBD::Oracle working on AIX (6 and/or 7) using the xlc compiler, *without* having to set LIBPATH *at runtime*?  I am able to get it to work by setting LIBPATH, but that's very distasteful and I'm trying to find a way to avoid it.
On RHEL Linux, I'm able to avoid setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so I would think that I could do the same on AIX, but so far I haven't been successful.
I am able to load the Oracle driver without LIBPATH, but DBI->connect fails with:

DBI connect(...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc. at -e line 30
connection error: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc.

I can provide more details if someone thinks it's possible.
Thanks!-- John