develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from October 2018

Statically linking DBI and DBD::SQLite into my (Web)Perl

From:
Max Maischein
Date:
October 18, 2018 05:31
Subject:
Statically linking DBI and DBD::SQLite into my (Web)Perl
Message ID:
bef6f360-d67a-64c4-4c95-80d4ff5e3da8@corion.net
Hello all,

I'm not sure if dbi-users is the correct mailing list for my question -
feel free to forward this mail to dbi-dev or whereever is more appropriate.

I'm building a statically linked Perl binary, and I want to include SQL
functionality. This is easy by statically linking DBI. But I've
encountered problems linking DBD::SQLite statically, because its
Makefile.PL uses DBI and wants to use and modify the postamble that
DBI::DBD provides.

My question is: Is there a recipe how I can link DBD::SQLite statically
into my Perl binary? Is there a way I can fake enough of an "installed
DBI" for my static Perl to get the Makefile.PL of a DBD to run, or
should I patch the Makefile.PL to use hardcoded values?

This is all for WebPerl [1] to provide a safe online Perl playground and
also to run Perl in your browser.

Thank you very much,
-max

[1] https://webperl.zero-g.net/