develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from January 2018

DBD::mysql 4.044 released!

From:
Patrick M. Galbraith
Date:
January 23, 2018 14:00
DBD::mysql 4.044 released!
Message ID:
a08f3b7d-086a-357e-dbeb-d88a703f4632@patg.net
Dear Perl and MySQL community,

I'm quite pleased to announce the release of DBD::mysql 4.044!

This release in particular contains a re-application of an earlier SSL
fix that was needed when we reverted a release last year.

Per the Changelog:

---

  Reapply https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/114 "Improve SSL
settings, reflect changes for BACKRONYM and Riddle vulnerabilities,
enforce SSL encryption when mysql_ssl=1 is set"
   Thank you to Pali Rohar, Daniël van Eeden, Booking.com, et al:w
* Fix parsing configure libs from mysql_config --libs output in Makefile.PL
   Libraries in mysql_config --libs output can be specified by library name
   with the -l prefix or by absolute path to library name without any
prefix.
   Parameters must start with a hyphen, so treat all options without leading
   hyphen in mysql_config --libs output as libraries with full path.
   Partially fixes bug https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=100898
   Fix by Pali Rohár.
* Return INTs with ZEROFILL as strings. Reported by Knarf, fix by Pali
Rohár.
* Correct require on relative path for perl 5.26. Fix by Grinnz.
    https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/136

This release has been made possible with the excellent work of Pali
Rohár, Daniël van Eeden (http://booking.com), Knarf, Grinnz, and my
co-maintainer, Michiel Beijen.

Also, thanks for Reggie Burnett (who recently set up a slack room for
mysql), Matt Lord, Georg Richter, Paul Dubois, and other former MySQL
colleagues who have been helpful in establishing communications about
things that need to get done in the driver!

I'm particularly please that this release also coincides with my 50th
birthday! I have been maintaining DBD::mysql since 2004 now, and look
forward to future releases containing further improvements as discussed
on the mailing lists and supporting new features in both MySQL and MariaDB.

Thank  you!

Patrick

--

Patrick M. Galbraith
Principal Platform Engineer, Oracle + Dyn