develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from April 2007

RE: Gofer to PC (was: Is PERL --> MS SQL really that difficult?)

From:
Garrett, Philip
Date:
April 26, 2007 08:03
RE: Gofer to PC (was: Is PERL --> MS SQL really that difficult?)
Message ID:
D9C13100F14E4C4795A1E83B125B4035042B99DE@MSCEXCHS02.man.co
Robert Denton wrote:
> These look like some great options and I will keep them in mind for
> future projects, especially DBI::Gofer.  In this instance, however,
> the server I am working with is "production frozen" so to speak and I
> cannot install anything on it at all.  All I can do is ask it for
> information.  I am pursuing the other ideas offered (sybase, connect
> () syntax improvements, etc) for now.  Thanks for the tips!

Remember that you don't have to install anything on the server itself --
just on any Windows PC that can talk ADO or ODBC to the MSSQL server and
run the DBI proxy server.

- Philip