develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from March 2003

bulk binds with OCI

From:
John Lien
Date:
March 26, 2003 14:45
Subject:
bulk binds with OCI
Message ID:
CIENKNOFBOEJDAHEFIAICEMJEGAA.jlien@friedwire.com

Hi.
I've been using DBD::Oracle and DBI for a few years, but just discovered the
Oracle OCI module the other day.  Since then I've been poking around trying
to learn more about it.
My goal is to do bulk inserts from Perl.  (I dont believe you can do that
from DBD::Oracle - let me know if I'm wrong.  I have seen references in my
search results made to bind_param_array, but could never follow a thread to
an example.)
So, can I do bulk inserts with Oracle::OCI?  If so, does anyone have a
snippet of Perl code that could point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
John