develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from February 2003

Errors installing DBI on SuSE Linux 7.2

From:
grillenberg
Date:
February 27, 2003 08:49
Subject:
Errors installing DBI on SuSE Linux 7.2
Message ID:
20030227164701.98487.qmail@onion.perl.org
Hello,

i tried to install DBI on a machine running Suse Linux 7.2.

Machine  : Suse Linux 7.2
DB-Client: Oracle 8.1.7
DBI      : DBI-1.33
Perl     : ActivePerl 5.6

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i'm a perl/dbi newbi :)

DBI Installation
-----------------

The first i have to do is to execute the Perl Makefile,
during the creation he adds extra DBI::PurePerl Tests
after that i have to use make. During the make process
some warning will display :

e.g. : DBI.xs: 973: warning: unused variable 'Perl____notused'
+ 5 similar warnings

Then the make process is completed.

Then i tried to test it:

t/40profile failed with a timeout. after Time/HiRes.pm cannot be found.
and round about 20 times my perl path will be displayed, then the
statement ends at line 104 with failed BEGIN

the next message is:
t/40profile.....dubios
DIED. Failed Test 1 - 56

The test is completed with 1/36 failures, 56/1140 subtests failed. 95,09%
OK.
make: xxxx[test dynamic] Error 29

Can anyone help? I doesn't know what to do, to solve the problem?