develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from January 2003

Problem Installing Oracle-OCI-0.06

From:
Jose Ong
Date:
January 16, 2003 08:34
Subject:
Problem Installing Oracle-OCI-0.06
Message ID:
19409417B519D611A17D0006298FAB5F5C7674@NJITMAIL01
Hello,

I am running on Perl 5.6.0, AIX version 4.3 and Oracle 8.1.7. I have
successfully run the boot and perl Makefile.PL in Oracle/OCI directory. It
fails when I run the make command. The message returned is,

make: *** No rule to make target `blib/arch/auto/Oracle/OCI/OCI.so', needed
by `dynamic'
Stop.

Here's the log of perl Makefile and make.

perl Makefile.PL ****************************
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

    Remember to actually *read* the README file!
    Use  'make' to build the software (dmake or nmake on Windows).
    Then 'make test' to execute self tests.
    Then 'make install' to install the DBI and then delete this working
    directory before unpacking and building any DBD::* drivers.

Writing Makefile for Oracle::OCI

make ***************************************
mkdir blib
mkdir blib/lib
mkdir blib/lib/Oracle
mkdir blib/arch
mkdir blib/arch/auto
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Oracle
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Oracle/OCI
mkdir blib/lib/auto
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Oracle
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Oracle/OCI
make: *** No rule to make target `blib/arch/auto/Oracle/OCI/OCI.so', needed
by `dynamic'.  Stop.

Any help is appreciated.

Jose Ong

This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are
e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
Postmaster@INTTRA.com and permanently delete the original, any attachments,
any copies thereof, and any printouts thereof.