develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from December 2001

fetching objects usign OCI

From:
Siddharth Aggarwal
Date:
December 20, 2001 03:40
Subject:
fetching objects usign OCI
Message ID:
002c01c1894b$93df6c10$b407a8c0@intranet.pspl.co.in
Hi,

I am working on an oracle8i data access layer using OCI. I am trying to implement the "select" query on user defined types (i.e. objects).
My understanding so far is that we need to define a C data structure using OTT and then make the OCIDefineByPos,.
OCIDescribeAny,OCIObjectPin and OCIDefineObject calls. i.e. we need prior information about the structure of the object we want to fetch and then allocate memory for it.

However I want to make a generic access mechanism i.e. determine at runtime the structure of the object, allocate place holders and then parse the returned object to get the attributes (an attribute maybe another object).

I would really appreciate if somebody could provide some code samples.

Thanks,
Siddharth Aggarwal.