develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from November 2001

Oracle::OCI help

From:
Ron Reidy
Date:
November 5, 2001 21:01
Oracle::OCI help
Message ID:
3BE72806.261D1D25@indra.com
Tim,

I am having errors during the 'make' and 'make test' phases of this
module.  Here are the vitals...

Oracle version: 9.0.1.0.0
RH Linux 7.1 (downgraded binutils - binutils-2.10.0.18)
gcc-2.96-81

The 'make' problem comes from:
Please specify prototyping behavior for OCI.xs (see perlxs manual)

This is then followed by several warning messages:
OCI.c:14974: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast

Normally, this would not cause a problem for me (other than not a clean
compile), but when running 'make test', the problems become ugly, giving
the following messages for every test:

t/01base............Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Oracle/OCI/OCI.so' for
module Oracle::OCI: blib/arch/auto/Oracle/OCI/OCI.so: undefined symbol:
ora_getptr_OCIAnyDataSetPtr at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

In reading the perlxs manpage, the only reference I find to prototypes
is the PROTOTYPE(S) keywords.

I also tried 'boot -all', but this resulted in may more errors of the
type
Error: 'OCIString *' not in typemap in OCI.xs, line 17099

and these caused the 'make' to fail.

I am at a loss as to where or even how to fix this.  Can you give me a
direction to look in?  Is there a mailing list I can subscribe to or
some other place to get information?

Thanks for your help.
--
Ron Reidy