develooper Front page | perl.dbi.oracle-oci | Postings from October 2001

[Fwd: sys_nerr problem in 'make test' when instaling DBD.]

From:
Syamala R. Tadigadapa
Date:
October 10, 2001 03:58
[Fwd: sys_nerr problem in 'make test' when instaling DBD.]
Message ID:
3BC245F8.828FBFC3@oracle.com

I was trying to install the latest DBD. version:  DBD-Oracle-1.12
The perl is  v5.6.1 built for i386-dynixptx

-Syamal.

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Syamala R. Tadigadapa" <syamala.tadigadapa@oracle.com>
Subject: sys_nerr problem in 'make test' when instaling DBD.
To: dbi-users@perl.org

Hi,
   I am trying to install DBD on my perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-dynixptx
.
   make test gives me the nasty sys_nerr not found messages as follows:

t/general...........install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'blib/arch/auto/DB
D/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: dynamic linker:
/apps1/perl/bin/perl
: relocation error: symbol not found: sys_nerr at
/apps1/perl/lib/5.6.1/i386-dyn
ixptx/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

I am sure, so many people got into this problem. Only thing I did not
see
any literature on web as to what the solution is!

DBI was installed fine though.  It is DBD which gives these messages.

I need a solution to this problem rather urgently.
Please provide me, if one exists, as soon as possible.

Regards,
-Syamal.