develooper Front page | perl.dbi.dev | Postings from January 2019

Re: RaiseWarn attribute for DBI

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
January 18, 2019 09:14
Re: RaiseWarn attribute for DBI
Message ID:
20190118091348.xrhkbj3xu6ureft3@timac
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:02:39AM +0100, pali@cpan.org wrote:

> Currently DBI has only $dbh->{PrintWarn} attribute to control warnings.
> When is set to true (by default) all warnings from DBI driver are passed
> to perl's "warn" function.
>
> So I would propose to add $dbh->{RaiseWarn} attribute (off by default)
> to behave like $dbh->{RaiseError}, but for warnings.

I'd like to know more about the specific use-case(s) that prompted this.

Tim.

p.s. Re the compatibility topic in this thread: there will be no
breaking changes to DBI.