develooper Front page | perl.dbi.dev | Postings from January 2019

RaiseWarn attribute for DBI

From:
pali
Date:
January 17, 2019 09:03
Subject:
RaiseWarn attribute for DBI
Message ID:
20190117090239.3tojd6hljimo5f3d@pali
Hello!

What do you think about adding a new attribute $dbh->{RaiseWarn} which
cause that warnings reported by DBI drivers would behave like errors?

For errors DBI has there $dbh->{PrintError} and $dbh->{RaiseError}
attributes. First one is by default true and second one by default
false. When PrintWarn is true, then all error from DBI driver are passed
to perl's "warn" function and when RaiseError is true, then errors are
passed to perl's "die" function. (Plus there is ability to register own
error handler function)

Currently DBI has only $dbh->{PrintWarn} attribute to control warnings.
When is set to true (by default) all warnings from DBI driver are passed
to perl's "warn" function.

So I would propose to add $dbh->{RaiseWarn} attribute (off by default)
to behave like $dbh->{RaiseError}, but for warnings.

I have implemented this attribute and patch is there:
https://github.com/perl5-dbi/dbi/pull/71/files