develooper Front page | perl.datetime | Postings from July 2017

Re: How to check if a DateTime is invalid (again - but this timewithout using eval)?

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
Re: How to check if a DateTime is invalid (again - but this timewithout using eval)?
Message ID:
CAHKw1M+3CdKOy8YoZVw56V4xxpzaiKGM2v0wG5SBtKojQTc1xQ@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Thomas (HFM) Wyant <
> harryfmudd@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> One of the edge cases with eval {} is ...
>>

> All the edge cases are covered by the previously linked:
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Try::Tiny#BACKGROUND

Yes, this is exactly why I would recommend always using Try::Tiny over
plain eval.

Cheers,

Dave Rolsky
http://blog.urth.org