develooper Front page | perl.datetime | Postings from March 2007

Help pulling dst change dates from DateTime::TimeZone

From:
Anthony R. J. Ball
Date:
March 5, 2007 09:40
Subject:
Help pulling dst change dates from DateTime::TimeZone
Message ID:
20070305151921.GA27206@suave.net

  I want to be able to grab the actual DST change dates for a timezone
and year. I haven't seen any calls to do this and was looking at writing
my own. I think I see where I can get the data (by following how is_dst
work), but it comes out as spans with the time in seconds.

  Is there a call to reverse the time in seconds back to a DateTime
object? Only way I figured out so far is take the DateTime epoch time
in seconds, subtract it from the span and run it through localtime.
There has got to be a better way.

  Thanks.

--
     www.suave.net - Anthony Ball - ant@suave.net