develooper Front page | perl.datetime | Postings from December 2004

ANNOUNCE: DateTime 0.23

Dave Rolsky
December 9, 2004 15:31
ANNOUNCE: DateTime 0.23
Message ID:
Well, this sure took long enough.  I kind of turned some bits of the
internals into messy crap in the process of fixing the leap second bugs,
but at this point I feel pretty confident in the _tests_ at least.  So
in the future I do hope to un-crap the internals again.  Alternately, I
wonder if it'd be easier to try to use something like libtai, but that's
probably a longer term thing.

Anyway, enjoy ...

0.23    2004-12-09 (the "oh how I hate leap seconds" release)

- Added a number of convenience "set" methods: set_year, set_month,
set_day, set_hour, set_minute, set_second, set_nanosecond, and
set_locale.  Suggested by Michael Schwern.

- Added christian_era and year_with_christian_era methods.

- Clarified that from_epoch(), today(), and now() all return objects
in the UTC time zone.  Suggested by Sagar Shah and others.

- Added formatter parameter to constructor, which allows per-object
stringification.  Based on a patch from Daisuke Maki.

- Trying to serialize DateTime::Infinite objects with Storable blew
up.  Patch by Daisuke Maki.

- Require Test::More 0.34+, since I use a function introduced in that
version in the tests.  Suggested by Jean Forget.

- Fix a bug in strftime() which could cause weirdness with
pathological specifiers like "%%{day_name}%n".  Reported by Jean

- Fixed a number of bugs related to leap seconds and time zones.
Reported by Eugene van der Pijll.

Your guide to all that's veg.