develooper Front page | perl.cpan.workers | Postings from June 2021

perlbrew clone-modules option needs work

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
June 19, 2021 22:09
Subject:
perlbrew clone-modules option needs work
Message ID:
20210619220942.11852.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
perlbrew's 'clone-module' functionality is suffering from a problem for
which I suspect there already exist solutions.

This functionality is intended to enable a user to install all modules
to a new perlbrew-installed perl that she installed in an older one.

Which means we face the problem that some module names don't correspond
to the names of the CPAN distributions in which they are found.  E.g.,
LWP versus libwww-perl.

If you have a non-hack solution to this problem and can say something
helpful, please read:

https://github.com/gugod/App-perlbrew/issues/722

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan