develooper Front page | perl.cpan.workers | Postings from May 2015

Perl-toolchain-gang -- using devel branches rather than master

From:
David Golden
Date:
May 19, 2015 17:25
Subject:
Perl-toolchain-gang -- using devel branches rather than master
Message ID:
CAOeq1c9wFwsu4wuYQFYeA90wu_01JFesfDHdCszQYp1uJoJpHQ@mail.gmail.com
I've created "devel" branches for several of the dists I maintain.  I'd
like to leave "master" for things that ship, so that, for example, I can
ship a stable release after a trial by shipping master.

Other development work can go live on devel (or topic branches) while we
wait for TRIAL releases to stabilize.

I think this will be a good practice for the PTG in general.

Thoughts?

David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC: @xdg