develooper Front page | perl.cpan.workers | Postings from May 2015

Measuring water quality of the CPAN river

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 11, 2015 00:37
Subject:
Measuring water quality of the CPAN river
Message ID:
8873C1AB-0DBA-4431-90AF-33F27046F739@cogendo.com
One of the goals of the CPAN River model is to get us to focus on cleaning up the river, starting at the headwaters first. To that end, I’ve been thinking about how we might measure “river quality”, and have written up two ideas so far:

	http://neilb.org/2015/05/11/measuring-cpan-quality.html <http://neilb.org/2015/05/11/measuring-cpan-quality.html>

These are pretty simple, and have some problems, so I’m hoping someone might come up with something more useful.

Here are the 6 dists in the most upstream category that have >= 2% failures on CPAN Testers

 	podlators
 	IO
 	File-Path
 	IPC-Cmd
 	XSLoader
 	Locale-Maketext-Simple

I think I saw that File::Path was worked on at the NY hackathon last weekend, so maybe that will drop off this list soon ...

Neil