develooper Front page | perl.cpan.testers.discuss | Postings from April 2020

Re: https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/: invalid securitycertificate

Thread Previous
From:
Doug Bell
Date:
April 3, 2020 18:12
Subject:
Re: https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/: invalid securitycertificate
Message ID:
740AE504-0B63-4C6F-9890-4506A9999105@preaction.me
Looks like we also had to move to a separate cluster Fastly has for OSS projects, so once DNS updates (TTL 1 hour) everything should be fixed.

Doug Bell
doug@preaction.me



> On Apr 3, 2020, at 11:59 AM, Doug Bell <doug@preaction.me> wrote:
> 
> I've talked with Fastly support and they're reinstating our wildcard cert. I fixed the Zendesk account attached to the CPAN Testers account and found a thread from last year saying they needed to move the domain to another cert but wouldn't without an OK from someone. I don't know if there were e-mails sent or if those e-mails got blackholed because the SMTP on cpantesters.org had been broken for a while, but it explains everything.
> 
> Once Fastly support does the last few steps, this should be resolved.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> 
> Doug Bell
> doug@preaction.me
> 
> 
> 
>> On Apr 2, 2020, at 1:12 PM, James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:
>> 
>> On 4/2/20 1:23 PM, Slaven Rezic wrote:
>>> Hi James,
>>> I can confirm that the certificate is marked as invalid in my firefox, and also if calling the URL with lwp-request. However, my Test::Reporter-based report sender still works. It's just working because Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase is using HTTP::Tiny, and HTTP::Tiny does not do certificate validation by default (see the verify_SSL option). Works:
>>>    perl5.31.10 -MData::Dumper -MHTTP::Tiny -e 'warn Dumper(HTTP::Tiny->new->get("https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/"))'
>> 
>> With this (albeit with perl-5.30.0 and after installing IO::Socket::SSL and Net::SSLeay), I got a 404:
>> 
>> #####
>> $ perl -MData::Dumper -MHTTP::Tiny -e 'warn Dumper(HTTP::Tiny->new->get("https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/"))'
>> $VAR1 = {
>>         'protocol' => 'HTTP/1.1',
>>         'status' => '404',
>>         'url' => 'https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/',
>>         'content' => '<!DOCTYPE html>
>> ...
>> ',
>>         'reason' => 'Not Found',
>>         'success' => '',
>>         'headers' => {
>>                        'via' => [
>>                                   '1.1 varnish',
>>                                   '1.1 varnish'
>>                                 ],
>>                        'age' => '0',
>>                        'content-length' => '20240',
>>                        'x-cache-hits' => '0, 0',
>>                        'x-cache' => 'MISS, MISS',
>>                        'x-served-by' => 'cache-lcy19261-LCY, cache-bos4650-BOS',
>>                        'date' => 'Thu, 02 Apr 2020 18:02:37 GMT',
>>                        'connection' => 'keep-alive',
>>                        'server' => 'Mojolicious (Perl)',
>>                        'x-timer' => 'S1585850556.546659,VS0,VE2416',
>>                        'accept-ranges' => 'bytes',
>>                        'content-type' => 'text/html;charset=UTF-8'
>>                      }
>>       };
>> #####
>> 
>> 
>>> Fails:
>>>    perl5.31.10 -MData::Dumper -MHTTP::Tiny -e 'warn Dumper(HTTP::Tiny->new(verify_SSL=>1)->get("https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/"))' 
>> 
>> With this, I got a 599:
>> 
>> #####
>> $ perl -MData::Dumper -MHTTP::Tiny -e 'warn Dumper(HTTP::Tiny->new(verify_SSL=>1)->get("https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/"))' 
>> $VAR1 = {
>>         'headers' => {
>>                        'content-length' => 81,
>>                        'content-type' => 'text/plain'
>>                      },
>>         'content' => 'SSL connection failed for metabase.cpantesters.org: hostname verification failed
>> ',
>>         'reason' => 'Internal Exception',
>>         'status' => 599,
>>         'url' => 'https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/',
>>         'success' => ''
>>       };
>> #####
>> 
>> 
>>> Regards,
>>>     Slaven
>> 
>> Thank you very much.
>> Jim Keenan
>> 
>> 
>>>> James E Keenan < jkeenan@pobox.com <mailto:jkeenan@pobox.com>> hat am 2. April 2020 um 14:29 geschrieben:
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Today I had occasion to call a program which uses
>>>> App::cpanminus::reporter. I have run programs with that module hundreds
>>>> of times before. The program failed with this output in the debugger.
>>>> 
>>>> #####
>>>> error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please install the
>>>> missing module or choose a different transport mechanism.
>>>> 
>>>> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm
>>>> line 21.
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::__ANON__[/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm:21]("\x{a}error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please in"...) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 87
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::mywarn(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), "\x{a}error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please in"...) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 647
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::_validate_transport(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), "transport", "Metabase uri https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/ id_file"...) called at error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please install the missing module or choose a different transport mechanism.
>>>> 
>>>> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm
>>>> line 21.
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::__ANON__[/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm:21]("\x{a}error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please in"...) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 87
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::mywarn(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), "\x{a}error loading Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase. Please in"...) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 647
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::_validate_transport(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), "transport", "Metabase uri https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/ id_file"...) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 448
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::_get_config_options(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), HASH(0x806c7d5b8)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 41
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::read(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/App/cpanminus/reporter.pm line 171
>>>> App::cpanminus::reporter::_check_cpantesters_config_data(CPAN::cpanminus::reporter::RetainReports=HASH(0x801e7e900)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/App/cpanminus/reporter.pm line 219
>>>> App::cpanminus::reporter::run(CPAN::cpanminus::reporter::RetainReports=HASH(0x801e7e900)) called at cpanm-reporter.pl line 23
>>>> line 448
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::_get_config_options(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8), HASH(0x806c7d5b8)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm line 41
>>>> CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config::read(CPAN::Testers::Common::Client::Config=HASH(0x806bdc0d8)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/App/cpanminus/reporter.pm line 171
>>>> App::cpanminus::reporter::_check_cpantesters_config_data(CPAN::cpanminus::reporter::RetainReports=HASH(0x801e7e900)) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/App/cpanminus/reporter.pm line 219
>>>> App::cpanminus::reporter::run(CPAN::cpanminus::reporter::RetainReports=HASH(0x801e7e900)) called at cpanm-reporter.pl line 23
>>>> #####
>>>> 
>>>> All the relevant modules are up to date on the machine where the program
>>>> was run.
>>>> 
>>>> I examined
>>>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Testers/Common/Client/Config.pm. I
>>>> zeroed in on the call to the internal method '_validate_transport'. I
>>>> entered this URL into my browser:
>>>> 
>>>> https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/
>>>> 
>>>> I got the standard Firefox "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead"
>>>> screen. When I clicked "Learn more...", I got:
>>>> 
>>>> #####
>>>> Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust
>>>> this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for
>>>> metabase.cpantesters.org. The certificate is only valid for
>>>> c.sni.fastly.net.
>>>> 
>>>> Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
>>>> #####
>>>> 
>>>> (Hat-tip to BingOS.)
>>>> 
>>>> How can we fix this or how can I work-around it?
>>>> 
>>>> Thank you very much.
>>>> Jim Keenan

Thread Previous


nntp.perl.org: Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at ask@perl.org | Group listing | About