develooper Front page | perl.cpan.testers.discuss | Postings from January 2020

Re: Bug in CPAN testers upgrades to EU::MM?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
January 30, 2020 22:30
Re: Bug in CPAN testers upgrades to EU::MM?
Message ID:
20200130222956.17088.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 1/19/20 1:26 PM, Felipe Gasper wrote:
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/03e0f9fe-3aa2-11ea-815e-b26d1f24ea8f
>
> ^^ The above doesn’t seem like it ought to happen if the tester logic is indeed using the EU::MM version (7.44) that it reports.
>
> Perl 5.18.4 shipped with EU::MM 6.66, which does produce the failure if EU::MM isn’t updated prior to building the module.
>
> Is there perhaps a bug in the ExtUtils::MakeMaker loading logic here? Or something wrong with my distribution?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Regards,
> -Felipe Gasper
> Mississauga, Ontario

You might want to first check with the tester who submitted the report:
SREZIC@cpan.org.  In my experience he's very responsive.

Thanks.
jimk