develooper Front page | perl.cpan.testers.discuss | Postings from September 2018

CPAN::Reporter not sending reports on Windows 10

From:
Robert Ryley
Date:
September 23, 2018 01:55
CPAN::Reporter not sending reports on Windows 10
Message ID:
CAHcDb0MODHvSs9fjm_vKhQ0ttbaLYgBoQ+P_PQKYuNG0=wPF_w@mail.gmail.com
I've installed Strawberry Perl 5.26.1 on a Windows 10 laptop and wanted to
submit some test reports.

I followed the directions for the CPAN::Reporter module (including the
c:\tmp workaround) and it appeared to be working as it asks me if I want to
send reports to the metabase, allows me to view and edit them (in notepad)
etc.  Yet I never see the report in the log.txt file, nor in the matrix.

Can anyone give some advise on how to troubleshoot this?

FWIW: This is similar to the issue mentioned on this list in August 2018:
https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers.discuss/2018/08/msg4336.html

It is also similar to this post from 2015
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/perl.cpan.testers.discuss/hus3cVqo9UQ/FM3x-m7hCgAJ