develooper Front page | perl.cpan.testers.discuss | Postings from March 2016

The meaning of `config_args'

Buddy Burden
March 27, 2016 21:09
The meaning of `config_args'
Message ID:

Okay, trying to track down what's causing a certain quite prolific
failure in my initial module upload.  Here's what I've been able to
determine (I'm pretty confident of almost all these numbers):

92% of reports with an empty config_args[1] pass
100% of reports with a *non*-empty config_args[2] fail
0% of the failures with an empty config_args relate to this particular
85% of the failures with a non-empty config_args relate to this
particular problem

So, two questions:

# Does anyone have a clue what that could possibly mean?
# How do I reproduce a Perl with a non-empty config_args on my own
machine (preferably using Perlbrew) so I can reproduce the error and fix it?

TIA for any help, and a very gracious thanks for all that the CPAN
Testers folks do for the community.  It is invaluable and immeasureable.

		-- Buddy

[1] "empty config_args" means that, at the bottom of the report, under
"Platform," there's a line like this:
[2] "non-empty config_args" means that the report has that line, but
there's _stuff_ between the quotes (regardless of what the stuff
actually is)