develooper Front page | perl.copenhagen | Postings from November 2019

Re: Fwd: "Emergency" Perl mongers social meeting?

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 11, 2019 19:19
Re: Fwd: "Emergency" Perl mongers social meeting?
Message ID:
20191111112258.kbfgqwhiecxj27cg@ceres.etla.org
On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 07:08:51PM +0100, Michael Zedeler wrote:
> Jeg er lidt nysgerrig på hvad der ligger i "emergency social meeting".
> Umiddelbart lyder det selvmodsigende.
>
> Der tegner sig i hvert fald et billede af nogle brandmænd der drikker øl og
                                                                        ^^
I know that word. :-)

> rister marshmallows ved en fabrik der er ved at brænde ned til grunden.

The rest I had to feed through Google Translate.

I don't know if it originated with london.pm, or if london.pm were merely
early adopters of the term...

There are regularly scheduled social meetings. But if someone visits
London and their stay does not overlap with a regular schedule,
then this is clearly a (social) emergency, and an extra meeting is
scheduled. eg

https://groups.perlists.pm/sympa/arc/london.pm-announce/2019-10/msg00002.html

Nicholas Clark