develooper Front page | perl.combust.users | Postings from July 2007

Re: HTTP Redirect

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?=
Date:
Re: HTTP Redirect
Message ID:
0D00380C-4573-4AEB-87FD-0F84BA6297A0@perl.org

On Jul 9, 2007, at 10:44, Will Coleda wrote:

> Hello, all.
> I'm Trying to figure out how to emit an HTTP redirect instead of
> content.
> Pointers to docs, examples, or which source files to poke at most
> appreciated: I see lib/Combust/Redirect.pm, which looks like
> something I'd want, but I can't see how to invoke it from a
> template file.

There are (at least) two ways - you probably want the second one.
If not, then tell what you are trying to do and we'll figure it out.

1)  In the controller you can return $self->redirect($new_url)
instead of return OK, $self->evaluate_template("template").   You
can't do that from the templates (it wouldn't be hard to do; we've
just never needed it.

2)  If Combust::Redirect is enabled, as it is for most of the sites
and can be for the rest, then you can setup redirects in
the .htredirects file - there's an example on the www site:
	http://svn.perl.org/perl.org/docs/live/www/.htredirects

The syntax is
   regexp   target_url  options

options can be "perm", "temp" or "intern" (or shortened or longer
version of that).

internal gives an internal redirect (not seen by the user)
permanent a 301 response
temporary (the default) a 302 response.

  - ask

--