Re: perl 6 requirements

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
August 1, 2000 08:51
Re: perl 6 requirements
Message ID:
4.3.2.7.0.20000801114259.00c80740@24.8.96.48
At 07:29 AM 8/1/00 -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> >This is why we need people what Perl *is* to get on the language list
> >and fight the incoming. Perl 6 is meant to be the next version of Perl,
> >not the bastard child of Python and Java.
>
>Could have fooled me. :-(

I'd like to encourage everyone who *does* want to indulge in bizarre CS
esoterica to head over to the internals side of things. Making perl
strongly typed isn't gonna happen, but the guts of perl *is* the place to
implement some of those mind-bending things your profs used to prattle on
about. (Assuming, of course, there's a speed benefit to doing it odd
ways--we're willing to be bizarre, but we're not indiscriminate after all)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk