Re: perl 6 requirements

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
August 1, 2000 01:49
Re: perl 6 requirements
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.21.0008010146520.18423-100000@impatience.valueclick.com
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Nathan Wiger wrote:

[...]
> I'm not worried *too* much at this point, but I must admit that seeing a
> couple sample/joke RFC's saying "get rid of the $'s" did give me a
> little lump in the throat.

At the conference talking about getting rid of the $'s just got to
be the canonical example of suggestions-of-everything-is-allowed
because everyone would agree that THAT would be a very un-perlish
thing to do and thus it didn't spawn an argument about if you really
could get rid of the $'s (Like talking about getting rid of formats
would do)[1] :-)

 - ask

[1] I'm out of punctuation characters, please insert where
    appropriate

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>