Re: It's August the 18th!

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
Re: It's August the 18th!
Message ID:
14749.45757.705677.482442@prometheus.frii.com
Simon Cozens writes:
> iii) It is the deadline for someone to come up with a real timeline
> for Perl 6 based on Skud's draft. Fun!

Nobody had any objections to the draft, so the draft becomes the real
one.  There are still some unspecified dates for the far distant
future in the draft.  I'll unilaterally decide those:

Vendor liaison begins January 1st 2001 with the alpha release.  We
work with vendors and begin the porting process.  Vendor liaison
doesn't end.

The beta release ends with the final release.  The final release will
be on (he picks a date approx. 18 months from the start of the
project) 1 January 2002.

Remember, the further into the future one peers, the less reliable
the crystal ball is.  So I fully expect these dates to be changed as
we get further along the process.  Hopefully they'll be moved forward.

Nat