Re: It's August the 18th!

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
Re: It's August the 18th!
Message ID:
14749.45357.863317.43279@prometheus.frii.com
Bradley M. Kuhn writes:
> I think that <bootstrap@perl.org> is still serving a useful
> service---namely, it is a place where meta-discussion on the RFC process can
> happen.

Yes, I was letting it live to see what kind of traffic it got.  I've
come to realize that those who wanted a meta list were right.

> I am all for taking <bootstrap@perl.org> away, but I think it should be
> replaced with <perl6-rfc-meta@perl.org> or something of that ilk.

Yes, I now want to take down bootstrap and replace it with a new list
perl6-meta@perl.org.  The name reflects the change of purpose: we've
gotten started, this is now a place for ongoing refinement of the
process.

Should -meta inherit bootstrap's subscription list, or should it be
new?  I currently think not, because those involved the initial
process of bootstrapping may not be those interested in the ongoing
meta-discussions.

> And, BTW, have you had a chance to look at my proposed changes to
> the RFC sample and format?

Yes.  I'll reply to your latest message in that thread.

Nat