Re: RFC voting ?!!

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
Re: RFC voting ?!!
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.21.0008082331230.26727-100000@impatience.valueclick.com
On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Bart Lateur wrote:

[...]
> The protocol for voting for a new newsgroup on usenet, may serve as an
> example. (?)

I did a lot of that kind of thing in a former life, and I can only
say bad things about it. In best case we would waste a lot a lot a
lot of energy on arguing about procedure and installing bureaucratic
systems into our community. I say no, no, no and no again.

Having a "syntax" for saying "I like it" on the mailinglists like we
have over at the Apache project -
http://dev.apache.org/guidelines.html (see "Voting") could be
something we could adopt, but my gut feeling is that we are too
many, the project is too big and we don't have the notion of "these
are the people with voting rights" and I don't see how we could get
that in our community.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>