Re: I'm a lurker too ...

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
Re: I'm a lurker too ...
Message ID:
4.3.2.7.0.20000807155037.00cb5db0@24.8.96.48
At 03:39 PM 8/7/00 -0400, lovine wrote:
>1. A Perl to C or Perl to machine code compiler. Perl is fast, but
>compiled C is an order of magnitude faster. (And I vote for data types,
>i.e. my int $num, so that a compiler do its job that much better.)

perl6-internals@perl.org. (Though I'll be up-front and tell you this is a
secondary priority, after getting a portable interpreter)

>2. Make it very easy to use compiled libraries.

perl6-internals as well.

>3. Visual Perl. Just like Visual Basic and Delphi, but its Perl and runs
>almost everywhere, not just windows.(I know ActiveState is working on a
>product called Visual Perl, but I'm note sure this will be just like VB
>or if it will run on non-windows platforms.)

perl6-internals for any hooks this'll need, perl6-language for the
perl-visible bits, and a group of volunteers. Strictly speaking it's not a
perl 6 core thing. (Writing portable windowing code across all the
platforms perl runs on would be.... interesting :)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk